Welcome to the Official Chelsea Quinn Yarbro Web Site. Make sure to sign up for the CQY mailing list.
- Best-selling novelist Neil Gaiman on Saint-Germain and Chelsea Quinn Yarbro: "Before the world fell in love with vampires, Chelsea Quinn Yarbro's St. Germain was the wisest, noblest, finest vampire of them all. When all the fashionable vampires have been staked and forgotten, I am certain that St. Germain will still be walking through history, thrilling and delighting those of us who love the dark fantastic."
- Yarbro's nonfiction workbook on writing, Fine-Tuning Fiction, is now available as an e-book. Fine-Tuning Fiction began as a two-part writing seminar Yarbro gave at the Writers Connection in Cupertino, California. This digital workbook combines both the lecture and the lab portions of Yarbro's seminars. Jane Friedman, Word Play: Helping Writers Become Authors and Penguin's Book Country have all featured special excerpts from the book.
- Night Pilgrims --- Saint-Germain #26 --- hits stores and e-readers on July 30th. In Night Pilgrims, Saint-Germain is living in a monastery in Ethiopia when he is hired to guide a group of pilgrims to underground churches in southern Egypt. The vampire finds a companion in a lovely widow who later fears that her dalliance with the Count will prevent her from reaching Heaven. The pilgrims begin to fall prey to the trials of travel in the Holy Lands; some see visions and hear the word of God; others are seduced by desires for riches and power. A visit to the Chapel of the Holy Grail brings many quarrels to a head;
Saint-Germain must use all his diplomacy and a good deal of his strength to keep the pilgrims from slaughtering one another.
- Yarbro is currently writing Saint-Germain #27, Sustenance. Under contract with Tor, the novel is set in western Europe and Scandinavia,1949-1952. Publication is expected for Summer 2014.
- Many of Yarbro's older, out of print Saint-Germain, Olivia and Madelaine novels have recently been released as e-books courtesy of Tor Books and E-Reads, including:
Hotel Transylvania (E-Reads)
The Palace (E-Reads)
Blood Games (E-Reads)
Path of the Eclipse (Tor)
Tempting Fate (Tor)
Night Blooming (Tor)
Midnight Harvest (Tor)
A Flame in Byzantium (Olivia; Tor)
Crusader's Torch (Olivia;Tor)
A Candle for d'Artagnan (Olivia; Tor)
- Other Saint-Germain and Madelaine titles currently available in print or e-book editions include:
Out of the House of Life (Madelaine; trade paperback from Tor)
Darker Jewels (trade paperback from Tor)
Better in the Dark (trade paperback from Tor)
Mansions of Darkness (trade paperback from Tor)
Blood Roses (trade paperback from Tor)
Communion Blood (trade paperback from Tor)
Come Twilight (trade paperback and as an e-book from Tor)
A Feast in Exile (trade paperback and as an e-book from Tor)
Dark of the Sun (trade paperback and as an e-book from Tor)
States of Grace (trade paperback and as an e-book from Tor)
Roman Dusk (trade paperback and as an e-book from Tor)
Borne in Blood (trade paperback and as an e-book from Tor)
Saint-Germain: Memoirs (trade paperback from Elders Signs Press)
A Dangerous Climate (trade paperback and as an e-book from Tor)
Burning Shadows (trade paperback and as an e-book from Tor)
An Embarrassment of Riches (trade paperback and as an e-book from Tor)
Commedia della Morte (hardcover and as an e-book from Tor)
In the Face of Death (Madelaine; e-book from Hidden Knowledge and a trade paperback from Ben Bella Books)
- Napoleon Must Die and Death Wears a Crown --- two historical mysteries featuring Victoire Vernet --- are now available as e-books from Even Horizon EBooks. Co-written with Bill Fawcett, both novels were originally published in 1993 under the “Quinn Fawcett” pseudonym.
- Yarbro's stand-alone fantasy novel To the High Redoubt has also been re-released as an e-book from E-Reads. Earlier e-books Magnificat and Alas, Poor Yorick are still available in e-book editions from Hidden Knowledge.
- The 25th book in CQY's beloved Count Saint-Germain series — Commedia della Morte — was released in Spring 2012 in hardcover and e-book editions. Of all the women the Count has loved, the most popular is the beautiful, ever-youthful Madelaine...In Commedia della Morte, Saint-Germain learns that Madelaine—now a vampire—has been arrested by France’s Revolutionary Tribunal and is soon to lose her head. Desperate to rescue her, the Count sneaks into France with a troupe of actors led by the glamorous Photine, who soon becomes Saint-Germain’s mistress. Photine’s teenage son, driven by jealousy and revolutionary fervor, betrays the Count. Now Saint-Germain’s life, as well as Madelaine’s, hangs in the balance, in this darkly romantic historical vampire novel.
- Hotel Transylvania was one of the nominees for the Bram Stoker Vampire Novel of the 20th Century Award, presented by the Horror Writers Association (HWA) in conjunction with the Bram Stoker Family Estate and the Rosenbach Museum & Library.