Welcome to the Official Chelsea Quinn Yarbro Web Site. Make sure to sign up for the CQY mailing list.
- Sustenance, #27 in the Saint-Germain Cycle, is officially on-sale in hardcover and digital formats. In Sustenance, the vampire Count Saint-Germain protects Americans fleeing persecution and becomes trapped in a web of betrayal, deceit, and murder in post-WWII Europe. Read an excerpt at: http://us.macmillan.com/excerpt?isbn=9780765334015 from Sustenance.
- The 2014 World Fantasy Life Achievement Award winners were Ellen Datlow and Chelsea Quinn Yarbro. This year's World Fantasy Convention was held November 6-9th in Washington DC. More info: http://worldfantasy.org/awards/2014.html.
- Chelsea Quinn Yarbro has been named a Guest of Honor at World FantasyConvention 2015, which will be held November 5-8, 2015 at the Saratoga City Center in Saratoga Springs, New York. A Facebook page for this 41st World Fantasy Convention is up and running; check back for the official website and more details.
- Cleveland Writers Press' Smoke & Shadow imprint will publish Haunting Investigation on December 31st (digital and paperback). Description:
With a ghost for a partner, what could go wrong?
Spring 1924. The world has clawed its way back from the ravages of WWI and the Spanish Flu pandemic. The 20’s are beginning to roar.
Poppy Thornton lives with her Aunt Jo and her excitable cat Maestro in upper-crust Philadelphia. Poppy is determined to make a name for herself as a serious crime reporter, but is stuck reporting on garden parties and ladies’ fashion. Then one day her editor assigns her to collect background information on the suicide of a prominent businessman. She soon discovers it was actually a murder…but her surprising source for this information is the ghost of a man killed alongside her father during the Great War. Even if she dared tell anyone, who would believe it?
Together Poppy and her “gentleman haunt” follow the trail of a string of murders. But as their investigation narrows in on an all-too-familiar suspect, Poppy becomes a target herself — and wonders if her ghost of a partner will appear in time to keep her from joining him in the after-life.
- In addition to re-releasing several Saint-Germain titles, noted below, Open Road has released digital editions of a number of stand-alone horror, fantasy and science novels, including:
Ariosto (alternate history/fantasy)
A Baroque Fable (fantasy)
False Dawn (science fiction)
The Godforsaken (horror)
Hyacinths (science fiction)
A Mortal Glamour (historical horror)
Sins of Omission (horror)
Time of the Fourth Horseman (science fiction)
To the High Redoubt (historical fantasy)
Her earlier stand-alone e-books, Magnificat and Alas, Poor Yorick, are still available digitally from Hidden Knowledge.
- The Law in Charity (published in 1989), has been reissued from Oakledge Press. About The Law in Charity: Texas Territories, 1848. At the edge of the mountains, in what would someday become Colorado, the frontier community of Charity needs someone to bring law and order. When the Town Council hires a sheriff, they make a surprising choice. Jason Nicholas Everard Russell is a horse lover, a world traveler, a former Bow Street Runner, and the illegitimate son of an English lord. He has learned the hard way about the horror and futility of violence. Though skilled with a gun, his preferred weapons are a baton and his wits. When a gang of murderous outlaws terrorizes the town, Russell’s peace-loving ways and his mission to protect the people of Charity are put to a severe test.
- Chelsea Quinn Yarbro's Official Facebook Fan Page is live: http://www.facebook.com/authorchelseaquinnyarbro. If you are on Facebook, please consider "liking" it and sharing the page with your friends and family.
- Event Horizon EBooks has re-released the vampire novels Trouble in the Forest Book One and Trouble in the Forest Book Two as e-books, along with the young adult historical Four Horses for Tishtry, the stand-alone adult horror novel Taji's Syndrome and the story collectionApprehensions and Other Delusions. The e-publisher also re-released the Mycroft Holmes historical mystery series co-written with Bill Fawcett: Against the Brotherhood, Embassy Row,The Flying Scotsman and The Scottish Ploy.
- Lucy Wisdome has a secret. In the three years since her mother died, Lucy has tried to live a normal high school life while struggling to keep her mother’s memory alive. When she stumbles upon her mother’s book collection in the attic, she is unprepared for what she finds: books on magic, the occult, and numerology – things her mother never mentioned to her. And the more Lucy reads, the more she discovers that what she never believed possible is now very real. When the group of outcast computer hackers she belongs to finds themselves targeted by something far beyond their abilities, Lucy must confront her own fears and a powerful unknown enemy - or risk losing everything she has left.
- The first three volumes in the high fantasy Vildecaz Talents series are now available digitally from Avalerion Books: Nimuar's Loss (#1), The Deceptive Oracle (#2) and Agnith's Promise (#3). The novels are also available in a single, omnibus edition (bound and digital formats) under the title The Vildecaz Talents.
Night Pilgrims --- Saint-Germain #26 --- is now available in hardcover and digital editions from Tor Books. In Night Pilgrims, Saint-Germain is living in a monastery in Egypt when he is hired to guide a group of pilgrims to underground churches in Ethiopia. The vampire finds a companion in a lovely widow who later fears that her dalliance with the Count will prevent her from reaching Heaven. The pilgrims begin to fall prey to the trials of travel in the Holy Lands; some see visions and hear the word of God; others are seduced by desires for riches and power. A visit to the Chapel of the Holy Grail brings many quarrels to a head; Saint-Germain must use all his diplomacy and a good deal of his strength to keep the pilgrims from slaughtering one another.
Read an excerpt from Night Pilgrims at Tor.com.
- Many of Yarbro's older, out of print Saint-Germain, Olivia and Madelaine
novels have recently been released as e-books courtesy of Tor Books and Open Road (the latter acquired E-Reads in 2014), including:
Hotel Transylvania (Open Road)
The Palace (Open Road)
Blood Games (Open Road)
Path of the Eclipse (Tor)
Tempting Fate (Tor)
Night Blooming (Tor)
Midnight Harvest (Tor)
A Flame in Byzantium (Olivia; Tor)
Crusader's Torch (Olivia;Tor)
A Candle for d'Artagnan (Olivia; Tor)
- Other Saint-Germain and Madelaine titles currently available in print or e-book editions include:
Out of the House of Life (Madelaine; trade paperback from Tor)
Darker Jewels (trade paperback from Tor)
Better in the Dark (trade paperback from Tor)
Mansions of Darkness (trade paperback from Tor)
Blood Roses (trade paperback from Tor)
Communion Blood (trade paperback from Tor)
Come Twilight (trade paperback and as an e-book from Tor)
A Feast in Exile (trade paperback and as an e-book from Tor)
Dark of the Sun (trade paperback and as an e-book from Tor)
States of Grace (trade paperback and as an e-book from Tor)
Roman Dusk (trade paperback and as an e-book from Tor)
Borne in Blood (trade paperback and as an e-book from Tor)
Saint-Germain: Memoirs (trade paperback from Elders Signs Press)
A Dangerous Climate (trade paperback and as an e-book from Tor)
Burning Shadows (e-book from Tor)
An Embarrassment of Riches (e-book from Tor)
Commedia della Morte (hardcover and as an e-book from Tor)
In the Face of Death (Madelaine; e-book from Hidden Knowledge and a trade paperback from Ben Bella Books)
- Yarbro's nonfiction workbook on writing, Fine-Tuning Fiction, is now available as an e-book. Fine-Tuning Fiction began as a two-part writing seminar Yarbro gave at the Writers Connection in Cupertino, California. This digital workbook combines both the lecture and the lab portions of Yarbro's seminars. Jane Friedman, Word Play: Helping Writers Become Authors and Penguin's Book Country have all featured special excerpts from the book.